Interested in booking a Summer workshop at the RBSA Gallery? We’ve just launched our amazing new programme featuring 15 different one-day courses, taught by 13 expert artist-tutors. The programme covers drawing, painting, printmaking, photography and more, and covers topics such as portraiture, life drawing, nature, Islamic geometric patterns, urban drawings, among others.
Courses on offer are:
- Abstract Screenprint on Paper with Karoline Rerrie, create a series of bold abstract prints on paper using hand cut stencils, bright coloured inks, and the technique of screenprinting.
- Expressive Oil Pastels with Janette Summerfield RBSA, designed to equip you with the confidence to use oil pastels in your work. Investigate colour relationships and oil pastel techniques.
- Monoprint and Collage with Jacqui Dodds, create an exciting print using monoprinting, collage, and other media.
- Portrait Drawing from Life with Paul Bartlett RBSA, learn drawing techniques and produce studies from a professional portrait model.
- Thread and Nail Art with Imogen Morris, create intricate and interesting artwork from nails and thread.
- Introduction to Oil Painting with Caroline Griffin RBSA, a simple way to get you started in oil painting or, if you lack confidence, help get you on the right track with them.
- Contemporary Portrait Drawing with Milan Topalovic, an introduction to the skills required to produce realistic, detailed portraits.
- Drawing Nature with Paul Bartlett RBSA, take inspiration from nature and learn new drawing techniques with guidance from an expert tutor.
- Mindful Photography with Amber Banks Brumby, learn how to make the most of your camera, discover the art of lumen prints, and feel present through the art of photography on a nature walk.
- Islamic Art Linoprinting with Haseebah Ali, learn about Islamic geometric patterns and how to construct lines to create an accurate and symmetrical work.
- Introduction to Painting Portraits in Oils with Martyn Harris ARBSA, learn the basic tools and techniques necessary to painting portraits with traditional oil paints.
- Wood Engraving Starter with Fred Jones ARBSA, a starter course for preparing, cutting, and printing woodblock engravings.
- Urban Drawing on Location with Abbie Severn, document the JQ streets in this on-site drawing workshop. Involving a variety of techniques of mark making and experimental drawing.
- Life Drawing Studio with Paul Bartlett RBSA, spend the day drawing from a professional life model with guidance from an expert tutor.
- Painting from Photographs with Zarina Keyani, easily create beautiful paintings using a variety of paints and mediums. Ideal for beginners and artists looking to try something new.
Places are limited, so make sure you book your place now! Visit our workshops page for full information.