RBSA Friends Exhibition 2024 Call for Entries
This call is only open to RBSA Friends with an active subscription (to become an RBSA Friend, see below)
RBSA Friends Exhibition
Submission deadline: Wednesday 6 December 4pm
Exhibition runs: 11 January – 10 February 2024
About This Exhibition
The annual RBSA Friends Exhibition gives artists starting their membership journey with the RBSA the opportunity to exhibit work in the Gallery.
With the Friends scheme having been in existence since the 1900s, the RBSA was one of the first art societies to offer subscribers the opportunity to exhibit in a dedicated exhibition and the number of submissions has grown year on year. A significant number of Friends progress up the RBSA membership ladder to become Associates and, later, full Members, and many have also helped shape the future of the Society by becoming Council members.
The number of Friends currently stands at approximately 250 meaning that an enormously diverse range of artistic practices are represented in the exhibition. The work on display also demonstrates the wealth of talent within the Friends community.
Anyone can sign up as an RBSA Friend and we welcome artists and art lovers as well as those who simply want to keep up to date with news from the Gallery into the scheme. Full details of how to join can be found here.
This year’s exhibition will be held across both floors of the Gallery meaning that more works than ever before will be exhibited.
- Entry Deadline: Wednesday 6 December, 4pm
- Selected Works Announced: Wednesday 13 December
- Delivery of work:
- Tuesday 2 January, 11am – 4pm
- Wednesday 3 January, 11am – 4pm
- Thursday 4 January, 11am – 4pm
- Friday 5 January, 11am – 4pm
- Saturday 6 January, 11am – 4pm
- Exhibition on display: Thursday 11 January – Saturday 10 February
- Private View: Thursday 11 January, 6 – 8pm
- Collection of work: Sunday 11 February, 12 – 3pm
Image: Sally Ellis, Still Life by the Window
- Entry fees are free for all Friends of the RBSA with a current subscription
- To subscribe please visit: https://www.rbsa.org.uk/join-rbsa
Maximum 3 entries of 2D works (wall hung)
Maximum 4 entries of 3D works (plinths/freestanding)
If entering a mix of wall hung and plinth/freestanding works, you may enter a maximum of 4 works in total.
Artists must submit work through the online entry form. You can access the Entry Form on the Call for Entries page. The selection aims to be as wide as possible and is based on the panels’ assessment of the quality and interest of the work.
If your work is selected for the exhibition, please pay your display fees by Saturday 23 December. No fees need to be paid until you have been notified of a successful selection.
Display fees are non-refundable and applicable to all selected artists. We will not be able to accept delivery of your works if your display fee is outstanding.
A 50% discount applies to artists aged 35 and under. If you are under 35, please contact the Gallery to pay your display fees.
2D display fees
£15 for entries under 60cm
£23 for entries over 60cm
3D display fees
£8.00 for entries under 30cm
£12.00 for entries over 30cm
- Payment can be made on the Call for Entries page on the RBSA website once artists have been selected and notified.
- Card payments can be taken at the Gallery or over the phone.
- Please phone the Gallery to pay over the phone if you are under 35 and eligible for the 50% discount.
- Please note that all entry fees are non-refundable.
Images of artwork
When submitting artwork, please ensure that photographs are at least 300dpi and 1.5mb in size.